2-year old stops sleeping??

I'm having a serious problem. My son will be 3 in June, and we took the pacifier away from him about a month ago (dentist's advice). My problem is, he has barely slept since. When he was a newborn, he never slept either. He never took naps during the day and slept for only 2-3 hours at night until he was almost 15 months old. Then he finally gave in and BAM, 7pm to 7am every single night. Since we took the binky away, I'm lucky to get him asleep by 10 and he's up at 6 and its a nightmare ot get him to nap.

He doesn't get up to come into our bed, he always says he doesn't want to sleep, or he wants to watch TV, etc. He's OBVIOUSLY tired so it's not like he's getting too MUCH sleep. :-/ We haven't changed ANYTHING else in the routine. He goes to bed listening to soft music and with a humidifier in his room just like he always has. I just can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone else go through this?? Any tips or advice?

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, you took his comfort item away. LOL

So, I suggest getting a small doll or stuffed animal and holding it between you and him and rocking him for a little while at night and get him used to that toy instead. He will associate that with sleep instead of the pacifier. Try it. Then, when he is big enough to not need anything, he will give up that toy for sleep. No harm done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2011