• In the Spotlight:

Has there EVER been

a quick fix to a big problem? Is it just a matter of simply stopping our negative behavior or is it usally something "deep seeded" that requires medications and the whole nine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Depends on what the problem is.. your question was too vague for me to figure out how to answer
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with the first reply.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• sorry I was venting and didn't realize there ar eno details lol. I have a friend who is in a really rotten(no physical abuse just no trust no companionship really controlling) relationship I listen to her vent all the time, she does nothing to help her situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I suppose it all depends on the problem , I recently thought I had a problem with my hubby, thought he was a control freak ,when it is really me , I was so hung up about living in the past ,I still felt i was 19 and I thought everyone else had the prolem, an old school friend said to me "stop looking in the past and look to the future" and do you know what he was right , I am so grateful that I have a husband who adores me and beautiful kids ,so just look inside your own head and work out whats going on in your life ,dont rely on meds they only mask a problem .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Have to look at the big picture, are there children involved? If so, then you must tread lightly. Be supportive and try to help her, but she'll have to help herself. She may just be scared to move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Nothing requires medications.

Stay away from medications.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• There's always three sides to every story... his side/her side/the truth. What I had to do in a similar situation is tell my friend that I'm here for you if you ever decide to leave, but you can't keep coming and telling me all of the aweful things he says and does to you because you're only making me not like him that much more. People say things when they're upset or angry that they don't really mean, the situation looks different once they calm down but they forget to go tell the people they were dogging them to that it's not as bad as they thought.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008