What do i do??

OK so my husband and i are part of a church baseball team, and we have been taking our 14 year old neighbor boy Will with us to games and practices! Well of course this is a family ordeal so there are other families there from our church. One of the families have an 11yr old daughter Nay. Well come to find last tuesday Nay and Will kissed behind a building and the parents and grandmother of Nay are now giving us dirty looks. My husband and myself have asked Will "Did you kiss Nay??" He saysno but Nay's cousin and frioend which is the pastor's Granddaughter say they did!! What am i suppose to do? What are we suppose to say?? I even over heard Nay's parents talking about pressing charges!! What am i to do???

Manda725

Asked by Manda725 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Pressing charges seems to be a bit extreme, in my opinion. I wouldn't worry about that.
    Best thing you can do is talk to them...
    KTurner4

Answer by KTurner4 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Pressing charges! Give me a break. Don't bring Will along anymore if it makes you uncomfortable. You aren't his parents and you shouldn't have to deal with his drama. He is a 14 year old boy- there is going to be a lot of drama. And why are so many people getting involved with this? Its inappropriate, yes, but they aren't the first kids to ever kiss behind a building at a baseball game.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I never knew you could press charges over a kiss.....if they kissed explain they are to young to be doing that and monitor them at the games. Go up to Nay's family and have an adult conversation about the rumors and try to get the facts straight. You guys shoud be on the same team (no pun intended) and show a united front to the kids to give them a good example. Good luck!!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I am not sure what you can do although I do think it is a little much that her parents would want to press charges. They are 11 and 14 and they kissed. I am sorry maybe I am little crazy it is not like they had sex and what kind of kiss was it anyway. I mean there are different levels of kissing and if it was something simple then I would not be concerned. If you really feel that you need to say something then I would apologize, although no matter what you say you can't change anything. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• if its just a kiss I would be surprised if pressing charges is possible? the most you can do is sit them both down and ask them both if its true and talk to them about appropriate behavior and inappropriate behaviors. Perhaps explain to Will that even tough he might like Nay, 11 is a little young for the affections (however small or innocent of a 14 yr old boy) and that he should reconsider if he thinks of her in any romantic way, as she is not emotionally or physically ready for the life changes and lessons/questions he is or maybe soon to be embarking on. Also consider the one person who ratted them out was another child. you can't really prove or disprove it if they don't admit to it. You cannot punish them really without proof, but you can talk to them about possible feelings and actions and whether than should or shouldn't be action or doing them even if they are tempted.
    smittenbrit

Answer by smittenbrit at 9:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Wow....all of that over a KISS??? And what the heck is with that NAME? NAY? Huh?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• One I don't think there is any way they could press charges over an alleged kiss that only children are claiming to have witnessed or denying. Second I would speak with the other parents ASAP and get everything out in the open. If necassary then stop bringing the neignbor boy with you.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Well her name is natially but we call her Nay for short. But Will has a slight case drawfism kinda, he aint growing at the rate he should be. And he has to take steriods to grow and he has a specalist dr. that told his mom and my husband that his hormones aint kicked in yet so we should not be worrying about any girl issues just yet?
    Manda725

Comment by Manda725 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2011