Is he trying to see my reaction?

So, lastnight we were at my bf's friend's house.  His friend got drunk & was telling me how he asked his gf to marry him and she said no.   Well earlier today, my bf and I were talking about that.

Anyways, well my bf said "Well when I propose to you, I'm going to get the biggest ring that takes up your whole finger."  Then Friday night , he told me that he wants to be with me for the rest of his life.

He knows I don't want to get married until I'm out of college which is going to be at least 2 years from now. He also knows that I love him & I too want to be with him the rest of my life.  He knows I want to be engaged for at least a year or two before we actually get married.  I would love for him to propose to me & we could get married right when I get out of school. I would love to be more than a girlfriend to him.

I wonder if hes thinking about doing it this year? Do you think he is wanting to see my reaction to those things he said like to test the waters to see if it would be welcome for him to do it soon ? Aw! I'm excited !!

loudnproud87

Asked by loudnproud87 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL I wondered the same thing last fall...but he never proposed. We have been together almost 14 years and after his old college roommate got married he started saying things like "When we get married..." but never really acted on it. Of course, this late in the game, I doubt it will ever really happen. I think for mine, he was just thinking about it because he was involved in the wedding and had his mind occupied with it briefly. For you, since it sounds like you both know you want to get married eventually, it could be TOTALLY different...and it would make sense that after his friend got turned down cold, that he would want to know you wouldn't shoot him down too.

I know we have "baby dust"...do we have "wedding bell dust"? LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• ya it sounds like he is testing you to see your reaction. i think it is a good thing you want to wait until u are done with school. wise decision.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• he could defiantly be thinking about it
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 9:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• yeah he could be thinking about it
    star115

Answer by star115 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Awww! I'm so excited :) LOL I'm def going to wait until I'm out of school. It sounds bad, but college is expensive & its easier to afford when I use my grants & stuff. ya know ??
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Mom-2-3-Girlz ... I'm sorry, Girl ! I wish you the best! Thanks for your reply & support :) Take care
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2011