Is it immature for a parent to get their face painted along with their child? Would you look at a mom funny if she had her face painted at a festival?

I always see parents taking their children to get their faces painted but I never see the parents get theirs painted. Maybe a part of me is wanting to live some what vicariously through my child since I didn't have the chance to have a childhood but I cant help but wonder if I would be criticized by other parents for having my face painted along with my son.

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 9:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• i think it's cute and that there's nothing wrong with it
    star115

Answer by star115 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• id do it with my kids.. its what parents should do !
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nope, nothing at all wrong with a mom having fun with her children.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No that's not immature at all, Hun. You are enjoying the time with you child. To me, you getting your face painted wouldn't be any different than sliding down the slide at the park or playing baseball or something with your child. Its not immature at all :) I say go for it!! Who cares if anyone else thinks its immature ? Your child will remember that and the memories will be awesome!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I never have but ALWAYS wanted to :) I'd be a kitty for sure.

If I saw a Mom painted I'd think she was cool and be jealous she didn't sweat much at outdoor festivals like I do. plus sun screen
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• nothing wrong with that at all.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would so totally do it! You only live once, so make the best of it and have fun! I think it wil be a great bonding experience! Same thing for corn rows, etc. Make it a mother/daughter thing!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• it is very cute. all of this is part of the fun of parenting imo. i still secretly love barbie dolls. lol.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• If anyone were to criticize you for enjoying things with your child, THEY would be the sorry ones. There is nothing wrong with doing things like that, especially if you are doing them WITH your child. I took my son on these little ride-on animals at the mall once. He was too little to steer it and I thought he would enjoy it so I sat on the thing and he sat in my lap. I probably looked like the biggest moron ever but I could care less. I was having fun with my son, and anyone who would look down on that has a problem themselves. I don't even think I'd criticize someone who got their face painted WITHOUT their kid!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• just havin fun with ur child nothing is wrong with that..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011