Family Drama!! What would you do??

Okay so here's the deal. After leaving a bad relationship me and my daughter moved back in with my mom until I can get a place of my own. We had lived there before.

Now my sister and her son are living here!! So my mom gave up her bedroom for my sister and her son. My sister really does nothing all day. She sits and texts and plays on the computer, so I've changed my password so she can't use my laptop anymore.

She moved in with us after leaving her bf that she should have left a long time ago, like right after he pushed her against a wall and back handed her. Anyway, she and him had a lot of drama going on when it came time to move her stuff out of their apartment.

She egged him on and his sister in law and his ex girlfriend who is moving in with him now!! She picks these fights with them and creates more drama, and then whines about it. What would you do?? I'm getting tired of listening to it!! Really if she hated drama as much as she said she did she wouldn't create more. Everyone else gets dragged in to it.

My mom works all day and so do I. I have been working some 10 hour days. All she does is sit here. Very very rarely will she do dishes, or anything. SO after me and mom come home from work, we have to figure out what to make for dinner, cook it, and clean up!! All while she sits, and then if the kids (my daughter and her son) are arguing or getting into stuff me and my mom are left to handle it while my sister sits texting on her phone! UGH!!

What would you say or do?? Me and my mom have about bit our tongues off.

MommyNMay

Asked by MommyNMay at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• i would not hold my tongue when it comes to family especially my sister. i would tell her she needs to get her act together and get a job or at least help around the house. what's the worst that could happen ? she will get mad and pout because you pointed out the obvious??
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would tell her the truth tell the truth and shame the devil she is a dead beat and if she is going to live there she should have to help as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Your mom's house so your mom needs to set some rules. She needs to tell your sister she has to start contributing to the household. Your mom needs to make a list of what sissy needs to do or sissy needs to find another place to live.....The Free Ride should be over .
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think it is time for your mom to lay down some ground rules about expectations while you all are living together (obviously more for her than for you LOL)...and as for the drama...just lay it on her..."don't complain when you stir the pot constantly". Is that boyfriend her child's father? If so, I guess they have to deal with each other on some level, but if not, then she should really just be cutting all ties and moving on. When people string things out like that, it just shows it is not really over in her mind, which is scary considering that he was abusive!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• put your sister in her place. she has a baby that should be her only priority. after you tell her everything you need to, maybe she will get her head on straight
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 9:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• both tell how u feel u wl both feel better get it off ur chest...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Your mom needs to let her have it, then you can back it up. Some people are just lazy, rude and inconsiderate. Sorry you have to see your sister like this. Good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• "Get off your bum lazy ass and help out, or get out. Also, stop whining about all the drama you are starting. If you start it, finish it. If you wouldn't start it, then you'd have nothing to whine about. Grow up already." Probably with a few choice words in there too ;)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• both you and mom need to sit her down and talk to her calmly and tell her how life is going to be living with you and if she dont like it theres the door.....she is an adult with a child its time she started acting like one.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Sounds like someone needs a "to-do list"!
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2011