What are twice baked potatoes?

We aren't allowed to name names in our post so SOMEONE mentioned twice baked potatoes and now I'm curious as to how I would make those!

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The most awesome deliciousness that my husband makes!
    You bake a potato, cut the top off and scoop everything out. Then mash that with whatever you use. Butter, sour cream, garlic, whatever. He layers it with a little colby jack in layers with the creamy stuff, then tops it with a little more cheese, then bakes it again. YUMMMMMMM!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You bake a potato, cut it in half, scoop out some of the insides leaving a shell, mix the innards with yummly good stuff (sour cream, cheese, etc), stuff that back in the shells, pop the tater back in the oven to bake again til hot.
    Anonymous

• You take left over baked potatoes and cut them in half length wise - scoop out the innards and then mix them with stuff, usually cheedar cheese is involved. The fill the skins and rebake. Making them twice baked.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Whooo!  I was hoping you'd answer, lol.  Oh that does sound good!  Adding that to my list also, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Basically a twice baked potato is a potato that's cooked, then the insides are scooped out and mixed with other ingredients (cheese, sour cream, butter, bacon, milk, seasonings, etc. whatever), often refilled in the skin shells, then cooked again for the potato filling to cook together.

Here's a sample recipe at Allrecipes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Twice-Baked-Potatoes-II/Detail.aspx
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You take your freshly baked potatoes, scoop out the insides into a bowl, add butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, chives & bacon bits. I always add a little milk too, to make them creamy. Mix it w/your electric mixture until smooth & creamy like mashed potatoes. Fill the insides of the potato skins back up w/the creamy potato mixture. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top and put them back into the oven @ 350 degrees until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through. They're delicious!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011