Chattanooga, TN

So I am Jersey girl born and raised! I moved to Miami FL and can not stand it LOL. Well anyways, I was moving back to NJ in June but hubby got a job offer in Chattanooga, TN - I've NEVER been there. What is it like?!

Jersey_class

Asked by Jersey_class at 9:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Colder than Miami, not as crowded, NO beach. Still a more populated area of TN, but not as bad as Nashville or Knoxville. Home of DollyWood and a HUGE tacky tourist area.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• LOL sounds fun; i HATE miami im used to snow and cold cold winters grew up in Nutley NJ I need to get OUT of FL lol
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You'll get some snow, but not too much. It will still be humid. Do some of the kitzy touristy stuff for fun.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• How's the crime? What's the subburbs outside of Chattanooga, TN?
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Chattanooga is not home of Dollywood nor is it a huge tourist area. I live about 25 miles south of Chattanooga and we go there about once a week. Some parts of downtown are very dangerous. I believe there have been 11 murders so far in that area, however, most of Chattanooga is safe. The schools are not that great. I suggest living in Ringgold, GA, which is about 10 minutes from Chattanooga. Chattanooga is a great place to work and play. If you need suggestions, feel free to message me.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Oh boy! I mean it is a city there is going to be crime; but I heard it's safer then Nashville
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes,it is much safer than Nashville, but crime has risen in that one area over the past several years. A police officer was just killed last week, which I know happens on a daily/weekly basis in some cities, but it was a big shock to the Chattanooga area.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We haven't given them an answer o nthe job yet; I'm thinking i need to visit this place 1st because this sounds not tooo amazing as they sold it to us
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Is it Valker(sp?) or Volkswagen? I know they are hiring a lot right now. Don't get me wrong, Chattanooga is a great place but I wouldn't live there just because of the schools. They need a lot of improving in my opinion. In fact, most of the Germans who are there for Volkswagen send their kids to either one if the private schools or to the city schools in my city.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have visited Chattanooga. My parent's use take us their when were kids. They are not home of Dollywood. Dollywood is in Pigeon Forge. They are home of the Chattanooga Choo-Choo, a very nice aquarium, Rock City (I think) and the Lookout Mountain. My husbands cousin visited Chattanooga and loved it so much she moved there to go to school. I love East TN.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011