When do you think is the avg. time for labor?

I know almost no one goes on their due date, so i was wondering how amny weeks do you think is the avg. time a woman starts labor?

I know i have a while to go (im only 32 weeks) but im so tired of being pregnant lol and i dont think its gonna get any better & i dont see how i can get any bigger!!!

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was over 40 weeks. I know women that went 42 and 43 weeks. I don't want to every go less than 40 if I can at all help it.

I have no idea on an average, but, I do know that doctors seem to be antsy and jump the gun too early now a days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• you should enjoy being pregnant just a little bt more.. you ra gonna miss that belly, trust me !
    my baby was born at 39 weeks, 2 days before due date, but its different for every labor, you can never predict
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 9:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• With my first, I was 39 weeks.  With my 2nd I literally turned 37 weeks the same day she was born, lol.  My 3rd was born exactly on her due date.  Now I'm 38 weeks with my 4th.  My midwife and my Dr. said that they figured I would have had the baby by now but nope, he's still hanging out in there, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• With my son I went into labor at 37 weeks, my daughters 34, but they were twins and early delivery is common. I know a lot of people that went after their due date though. It is all up to that baby right now.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• the average if not induced is over 41 weeks...
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think 41 weeks and a day or two is the average, for a first-time mom.

I had my second baby (first labor) on my due date. But one baby is hardly a pattern...

A friend has had 9 children, went to 42+ weeks with all of them.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• wow, i hope i dont go over 42 weeks!! lol , i dont thnik being pregnant is fun anymore, its so tiring!
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• First time moms almost always go over due but won't usually go past 42 weeks. Since after 42 weeks the placenta starts to detriating.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• With my first, I was 40 weeks and 6 days. My second decided to come 4 days before the 40 week mark. My third was causing contractions on and off for a few days when I had a c-section at a little over 39 weeks. It seems like most friends were between 40 weeks and 41 weeks with the first.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'm freaking miserable too so computer hugs to you mama! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2011