extremly terrified!

Okay found out yesterday that I will be getting a c-section. MY baby has to much amniotic fluid around her and I have gd. Well I have never had a c-section, had my twins naturally and my dd so not sure what goes on and how it happens. For moms who have had one how does a planned one usually happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I too also have a planned c-section due to an incompotant (spelling?) cervix.

I will go in two hours early, then they will take me back, give me the spinal, and deliver my baby!!
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yup- it's pretty easy. You go in to L&D, they give you a spinal, shave you, take you to the O.R, prep you and deleiver that baby! You can't eat anything before you go in, thats VERY important.. Then once your in your SO can comfort you while they prep you. Once the baby is being pulled out, you'll feel pressure. If it hurts, let them know! After that they will check baby and stitch and staple you up....
    Recovery is not very fun but it isn't awful. You will be sore but they keep you on meds. You'll be expected to walk around maybe the next day depending on time or surgery, some have you walkign the same day. Have your SO help with showers and all that fun stuff. Also, plan for help when you return home. You'll need extra help cooking, cleaning and taking care of other kids
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i would have never thought too much amniotic fluid would be bad. tell me more

I am also so amazed you had twins naturally...that's beautiful. now I really want to know!

omg, I would be freaking out though. cesarean section is a major surgery.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• True, it is major surgery, but I had one (emergency) and my recovery was really easy. For me the worst part was removing the staples, but that lasted all of five minutes. If you stay in bed as much as possible during your hospital time, and have the nurses hand you the baby (my hospital let us cosleep in an extra wide padded bed) your stomach will heal quicker and you'll be in less pain. Every postpartum experience is painful, but with a csection you have five days of experienced baby nurses helping you all the time :)

I think the danger in having too much fluid is that the cord will whoosh out ahead of the baby when the water breaks and cut off the babies air supply... I think...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• a c-section is nothing to be worried about. I had to have an emergency c-section because my fluid levels were low. If you are planning to have an epidural that will help... But you will not be able to eat anything and before you go in for the c-section you have to drink a nasty ass concoction. The pain after sucks too. But all in all its not that bad. you actually loose your weight faster. With the swelling and pain pills. you will loose weight super fast
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 11:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008