Does anyone know of some good detangler?

My poor dd has curly hair like her daddy. After bath time she doesn't like me to brush it. We bought some generic stuff but it doesn't seem like it really helps. I feel super bad for dd. Should I change her shampoo as well? Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

tnvplus2

Asked by tnvplus2 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Sorry I wasn't sure what category to put this under.
    tnvplus2

Comment by tnvplus2 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I take 2 tbs of conditioner and put it in a spray bottle with water. If it's too much, I lessen the conditioner. If not enough, I add more.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Is she mixed?  I'm not sure if this would work in white hair but I guess it couldn't hurt either.  First, don't brush, use a wide tooth comb.  I've found the thicker the comb, the better.  All of these products are Just For Me.  I use the 2 in 1 Conditioning Detangler, the Smoothing Gel, the Oil Moisturizing Lotion, the Curl Smoother Creme, and the Scalp Conditioner and Hairdress.  I wash my kids hair with the shampoo from the same company.  After washing, I spray the detangler and let it sit for a few minutes.  Then on the "baby" hair right by their foreheads I put the Scalp Conditioner & Hairdress (that's one product, just has a long name, lol).  Then I rub the Curl Smoother Creme into the rest of their hair.  Continued...........

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• the have some really good kinds for kids god i can't remember the name of it but it's at walmart and is pink and green
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I use my conditioner and tear free shampoo for toddlers. forgot to add that into the other answer.
    Jademom07

• I have used conditioner on my daughter since she was about two. It has worked well. I have heard mayonaise works as well. But have never tried it.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I use the Curl Smoother Creme if they are on their way to bed.  It doesn't harden their hair.  If we are going out then I use the Smoothing Gel.  The Smoothing Gel isn't "hard" but it keeps the girls hair in place better during windy days.  The Oil Moisturizing Lotion is just regular conditioner you use in the shower, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nope not mixed
    tnvplus2

Comment by tnvplus2 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I use Paul Mitchell detangler and its great.  It is expensive but great.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I will use whatever will help her. I feel awful every time I try to do anything with her hair. :(
    tnvplus2

Comment by tnvplus2 (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2011