Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Legal advice about my husband adopting my daughter!

hello ladys here go's my daughters father was deported when she was 1 month old he has not atempted to contact us at all and is now married in mexico my husband wants to adopt her and give her his name she will be four this year how do we do this?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • My husband adopted my oldest. We got a lawyer and filed the adoption papers. My sons bio father was given notice to dispute but never did. The judge asked when the last time we had contact from the bio father and it had been more than 2 years.....he grated the adoption.

    Answer by how_reb at 10:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • Legal advice is always best from a legal professional.

    Answer by meooma at 10:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • Even though he was deported, he may still have to sign over rights for your husband to legally adopt.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • Legal advice - call a family lawyer.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

  • i agree with meooma.

    Answer by yummysmummy at 9:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011