Would you wear the clothes of someone who had died?

Ok, so...we have a close family friend who owns an auction business. Yesterday there was an auction that my parents went to, and it was at a couple's house who had died. They forgot to auction off the guys closet, and offered the clothes to my parents for my husband. Literally, there are like 70 shirts, all designer (Ralph Lauren, Christian Dior, Ermenegildo Zegna, and more!). Some of these shirts retail for a few hundred dollars each and I could NOT pass them up! They had all been recently dry-cleaned and they're hanging in my husband's side of the closet right now, lol! However...should I tell him they came from a house of a guy who just died? Is that creepy? I don't wanna be like, "Hey, babe...this guy died, here are all of his clothes", lol! He's gonna ask where I got them.

I should just tell him I went shopping for him today. He'd crap his pants when he saw all of them, lol!

I don't know where to put this. Feel free to re-categorize it if you want.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL, You crack me up! My husband would FREAK if he knew they were from a dead man regardless of the name on the label. I honestly could not, it would freak me out too.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• hmm...well if you went to goodwill or something and bought clothes, you wouldn't know why they were there. If someone outgrew them, gained weight, out of fashion or if they died.

I guess it would be along the same lines, but maybe becuase you know, maybe that would be creepy.

Hmmmmmmm....guess I'm not much help, sorry.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes, I have and do. When my MIL passed, even though I didn't know her very well, I got some of her clothing. It makes my DH smile.
    I also where a heavy gold chain with a coin on it that his grandmother worn for as long as he can remember.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 10:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• All the men in my husband's family are still wearing FIL's clothes.

I can see not wearing the clothes someone died in, but apart from that, I don't see how it would matter.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I buy alot of clothes at thrift shops and yardsales. I'm sure some of them come from dead people (ohohhh that sounds creepy) but I don't know it. If someone handed me something and said this is from my aunt Sally who just died I WOULD NOT WEAR IT.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• That was my first thought, lol.  Don't give me the clothes the person died in.  I would hope someone would find good use of my clothing after I die.  My husband wouldn't freak out, I think he'd be appreciative.  If he doesn't normally freak out easily, I'd say your good, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• LMAO! You've made my night! I'm literally cracking up over the underwear!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I sure do. I was the only one my mothers size. After she died. I got the cloths I wanted and donated the ones I didnt. Most were dress cloths and high end stuff. I cherish them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Sure why not? I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• If he's like most men and you introduced a few at a time he won't even notice, lol If he does say “ I got you that for Christmas, did you forget” Lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011