I know I shouldn't worry yet

I know I shouldn't worry yet but at my last appointment 28 weeks I was measuring 27 weeks and even though she said it's nothing to worry about unless it was over 2 weeks behind, I am still very worried... My next appointment is in a week (30 weeks) and I'm just hoping my uterus has caught up... Anybody else experience this and what was the outcome?

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Every appt I had, I was either behind a week or over a week. Don't stress it since you EDD can be off by 2 weeks. EDD=ESTIMATE due date. It's a guess unless you know the exact day of conception.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• ooh, we all have little scary moments during pregnancy, but most of the time it turns out to be ok. I was worry because I wasn't getting enough weight for a long time, my doctors were pushing me to eat (and i was eating a lot! ), everything is fine dont worry !
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 10:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Thanks, just needed some reassurance.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• definitly nothing to be worried about, its not a big difference or a big deal, you may just be growing at a different rate. I hope this weeks appointment goes better for you though =)
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I was consistently measuring 1-2 weeks "behind" at each visit until 32 weeks, when I went from 1 week "behind" to 2 weeks "ahead" in the course of that one appointment. It was just a matter of what position my baby was in, and she moved. The only reason to worry is if there's no consistent growth. It's just an estimate, anyway, and can change with something as small as a different doctor doing the measuring.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• That fundal height measurement is the LEAST accurate of all. Not to mention, most folks measure "off". It's certainly ok.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Fundal height measurement is an average, just like other measurements such as the due date. As long as there is growth, you are completely fine. The baby's position can really affect the measurement as it grows as well, and espcially when the baby drops lower into the pelvis.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was measuring right on until the day my dd was born and she was over 9 lbs... Not sure how that works.. You'd think my uterus would have been bigger to fit the bigger baby.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 7:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Thank you lovely mamma's.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011