1/2 toilet trained???

My 2 1/2 year old used to poop in the toilet but ever since he learned to pee standing up, he does not use the toilet for pooping. He asks for a diaper then poops in it. He has also pooped in his underwear if we do not put a diaper on him. Has anyone had this situation happen and how do we change it. It has been going on for two months now.
any advise would be appreciated thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• he might not be ready to poop in the potty or it could be because he is doing something diff
    when he pees he thinks he dont need to poop in it anymore the only thing i can tell you is to have your b/f husband show him when he goes to the bathroom like when he poops in it it may sound gross but it might work my son didnt poop in it til he was 4 he would pee thats it it hard but they know when they are ready
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• YOU WAITED TO LATE TO START POTTING TRAINING?????MY M.J. HAS BEEN SHITTING IN THE TOILET SINCE SEPT. AND JUST STARTED STANDING TO PEE, BUT HAS BEEN PEEING IN THE TOILET SINCE JUNE. OH, HE HE'LL BE 2 YRS OLD MARCH 15, 2009.
    NOW, DON'T GET ME WRONG IT'S HARD. LET HIM GO TO THE BATHROOM ALL THE TIME WAY HIS DADDY, IF HE SEE DADDT DOING IT HE'S GOING WANT TO DO IT "JUST LIKE DADDY".
    I HAVE NEVER TOOK MY SON TO THE BATHROOM WITH ME, NOT AT HOME, OR WHILE WE OUT. THIS IS CALLED BONDING TOO, AND MOMMY DON'T HAVE WHAT HE GOT. I TELL MY CHILD'S FATHER, YOU LEAD AND HE GON FOLLOW.
    SIMPLEMOMA

Answer by SIMPLEMOMA at 10:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My son had a hard time with it until he was 3 1/2. He'll do it in his own time. It sucks hearing that (I know I hated it!) but it is true. If you push him, it will not help at all. We even tried an enima (worst experience ever! made my husband do it) and they should have to go right away. Pretty much, give it to them and sit them on the potty. But my lovely little child had buns of steel, because he held it in for 1/2 an hour! I didn't know that was possible! But I finally put a pull-up on him for fear that he was going to get sick. He filled up 4 quickly! So trust me, he'll go when he's ready. If you do push it, he may not go at all and then get sick. It's not worth it.
    williesmama1

Answer by williesmama1 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Kids have ahabit of being regular. Set him down at his regular time with a book, or small toy ... Until the deed is done. If distracted he will go easier and it will help to occupy him until he starts going on his own.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That's normal, your son is trying to be a big boy and go by himself. Try putting bubbles in the toilet or a light cleaner that will make bubbles. Explain to your son that when he poops he makes bubbles. When he makes bubbles it makes him feel happy and like he can do it by himself.
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 10:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008