Ok. I have to admit, I watch sister wives. Yes I do. What are your thoughts on the show?

Ok, so I don't really get the whole man has many wives thing. It's not my life, so what ever. However, I don't buy in to the fact that these woman are so happy, their life is made out to look perfect except for some money issues. The husband is kind of weird if you ask me. He is all extra hyper and strange lol. Maybe Viagra kicking in. I believe he mentioned they were christian, so now I am completely confused because I am a christian and I have never heard of this till the show. I guess after I write this I am going to go educate myself. I just find it odd, again its not my life but I just wanted to talk about my views on it. I think its great that all the kids are happy, etc. I don't believe these woman are completely happy. There is probably a lot we don't see when the cameras aren't rolling. The only thing that disturbs me is the kids seeing him go from bed room to bed room different nights. And he said that they are raising their kids to do what they are doing, and follow their religion. Why not let them choose who they want to be, give them options.

confused

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I watch it too. LOL Its very interesting. I think everyone's has the right to live how they want to, but they need to think of how it affects their children. What upset me was when they were playing barbies & they only had ONE KEN DOLL but a MILLION Barbies!! WTF? I don't think that its the life style for most, but I do think they aren't putting their children's well being 1st at all. I'm not really into judging people's life styles bc a lot of ppl disagree with mine, but I do have to say I put my son's well being before I consider my own "needs" I don't believe its right to raise them to live a certain way either. You raise them so they can grow up & make their own choices.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I don't like the show, seen it a couple of times and it makes me sad. I almost feel like the women agree to that life because they feel like they can't do any better. There is no way I could believe my husband loved me if he was sleeping with someone else. I could never deal with it.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I absolutely hate this show. I think its stupid and ridiculous how they live their lives. There is no way these women are truly happy. I would be furious if my husband wanted to sleep with other women. UGH. That show pisses me off. I refuse to watch it but when I did it just made me mad every time. Stupid people. I know that God wouldn't want that to happen. It isn't right.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• love the show. good entertainment. and i like to look into a different lifestyle. I could never do it though! No way! I would think the woman are happy because none of them where forced! They all wanted it. Its not like he fell in love with #1.. Then tricked #2 into loving him & brainwashing her it was awesome and so on.. These ladies WANTED (before meeting him) to be in a poly marriage. Is it all peaches & cream? No.. It is natural to be jealous. It is natural to want to be "the better" one.. But they all had a CHOICE! And that is what we have to remember.. :-)
    I hope the state leaves the alone!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yup the husband is WEIRD to say the least and if you watch the women talk and interact you see the body language. They DONT get along. There is some big time jealousy going on there. I like the HBO show Big Love better. It seemed more accurate as to the life of a successful polygamist.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think it's confusing for the kids, and it's something I would never do. However, to each their own. If they're happy that way, let them live that way.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• They have so many kids, and they complain about money...and stress wth? I just dont get it. And the wives dont really seem to love each other like one big happy family like they say they do. I also think they have a strong jealousy with Robin, because she is younger and new to the family. Maybe its just because she is new, but I dont buy in to that one big happy family stuff. I think you can clearly see that when he goes to vegas with one of the woman, and only their children. I thought they were all equal, all one big family? He totally erks me. He is so weird to say the least. He is on something I swear. I seen that also about the barbies. I was also like...um ok??Robin came from a home with two parents, man and one woman. Her kids were raised around that, and she choose to take them in to this type of life style. They didnt ask for it. I do think its wrong. I am not them, but having all those kids, going from bed to bed.IDK
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I won't give them a moment of my time. I won't dignify these kinds of programs by giving them ratings.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I also agree, some of them may have done it just to feel loved. Robin def. She didnt grow up in this life style, so she choose out of the blue to just go for it. So now she is doing it to her kids as well. And she kind of seems off to the side. She is not equal to the other woman, and she knows it. I also dont feel they except her kids with open arms like they make it seem.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i have a weird fashination with the show while i dont agree with what they are doing and cant see how all of them are equaly happy its nice to see that they all have a private space to escape too when they need to be alone with just their children.....but the bed hopping schedule would weird me out as a teenager......i think the main issues with the 4th wife robin is the fact that the other 3 have been together for so long they have their own relationships formed already and she and they dont realy know how to fit her into their lives yet...kinda like blending step kids ........and i hope its true that they will let the kids choose how their lives will be as they get older.....i thought they where some wierd off shut of mormans?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2011