Do you think your kids are safe in their school from other kids?

I just read "Sex Offender Enrolls in Highschool".. and all the moms where like "take him elsewhere"..

This makes me ANGRY! Did you know your child could be going to school with a sex offender & you may not even know it?! Thats free education for ya! As long as the child did not commit the act in school, the school usually does nothing about it..

I went to school with a sex offender. he RAPED a girl during summer break. slap on the wrist. sent to school. nothing to warn parents...

Also your child may not be telling you what goes on between classes! Schools seem more packed these days. getting between classes & buildings there can be bottle-necks.. Do you know what happens when you jam horny kids in a small area?..... wondering hands! And in just guessing it hasnt improved since i was in school in 2000. And when ur a teen you dont think of telling about something so "silly". Ok your boob got grabbed, you dont know who it was. so what is the point in saying something!

So do you really think kids are safe in schools?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• You would be very naive to think your childs schools are completely safe.

Anonymous

• I dont think u are really safe anywhere 100%, because there are so many kids and only so many teachers, it could easily be missed if something happens. But I think school is safer then other places.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• no they are not safe anywhere. I think child molesters should be killed (refering to your story)
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My high school had a population of 3,600 for a campus built for 2,000. My boob never got grabbed.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my children are totally safe in their schools.. but thanks!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My kids are pretty darned safe. DD has 19 kids in her grade and DS1 has 24. DS2 has a whopping 41 in kindergarten. By the time they get to high school they might be as high as 15, but are generally 8-10 per grade. It's a very small private school.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Is anyone every 100% safe anywhere? There are inherent risks anywhere at anytime. The only thing we can do is teach our children to be aware of themselves and their surroundings and to teach them what to do in the case of emergencies.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes, my kids' school is perfectly safe.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• There is no such thing as completely safe. Make sure you children trust you, and get to know the teachers and other staff at the school. That will help keep them safe.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2011