Good Friday off?

Are the Mom's who work a conventional job outside the home getting Good Friday off, paid? Here in SC there are allot of closed places, but allot of offices that arnt off. Easter is a Christian Holiday, or Catholic holiday in my view but it seems odd anything will be open this Friday. I have a house closing of Friday. Even the attorneys are working.

vbruno

Asked by vbruno at 10:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Husband, kids and I are all OFF. I work for a school. If I worked for a regular company, I would not have off.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have to work half a day Friday but that is because it is one of our snow make up days for the schools. Originally, we had the day off. People are VERY upset about it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Good Friday is not a Holy Day of Obligation. It is, however, a day of strict fasting and abstinence.... So I don't think that qualifies it as a holiday. I have to work... and I work at a High School.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'll be working - the USPS never sleeps.
    Anonymous

• No one I know has the day off, that's including medical, retail, hotels.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'm in the corporate world and Good Friday has never been a day off for anybody here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I work at headquarters for a manufacturing company, and I'm off.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm not working because my sons attend Catholic School and daycare and they are closed. I had to use a vacation day.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• A lot of business around here choose to close early on Thursday (Maundy Thursday, church at night), are closed on Friday also. But we're a pretty religious (not Catholic) area.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I worked at ONE place that gave us the option of taking Good Friday off... in exchange for another holiday.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011