I have a puppy who is sick can it transfer to my toddler?

my 9 week old puppy is having breathing problems. im worried that having her inside the house could get my toddler sick cause all of a sudden she is complaining of a tummy ache

agonzales2587

Asked by agonzales2587 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like kennel cough. Get your puppy to the vet Monday. I dont think it is transferable to humans from dogs.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You should get the puppy to a vet ASAP. it is unlikely it is anyhing that could be caught by your child but better safe than sorry. Dogs have been known to catch inflluenza from humans .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I know dogs can get colds from us, but I don't think it goes the other way. I would get that puppy checked. At that age, his cold could be deadly.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I use to do animal rescue and handle a number of sick cats and dogs. Me and my kids never got sick from any of the animals. I got heart broken, but thats about it. You do need to get the puppy to a vet.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No you nor your child can get sick from the dog. But your dog does need to see a vet.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT RESPONDED. MY PUPPY UNFORTUNATELY PASSED AWAY LAST NIGHT SHE KEPT THROWING UP BLOOD. I AM TAKING HER TO A VET TO GET A NEAURCROPSY DONE TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED . TO THE ONES WHO THOUGHT I WAS STUPID TO NOT TAKE HER TO THE VET ASAP LET ME JUST SAY THAT O LIVE IN A RURAL AREA AND WOULD HAVE TO DRIVE 2 AND A HALF HOURS TO GET TO A VET AS A SINGLE MOTHER WHO IS TRYING HER BEST I JUST COULDNT HAPPEN AND SEEING HOW HER SYPTOMS SHOWED UP IN THE LAST 12-24 HOURS I DO NOT BELIEVE THE VETS COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO HELP HER. THANK YOU EVERYON FOR THE FEEDBACK
    agonzales2587

Comment by agonzales2587 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011