What do you do when a 15 month old wont share a toy with your 6 month old ?

lol, my friends baby was taking the toys out of mine's hand... lol what can I do, i know he is too young to understand sharing, but I want my baby to get the toy.. mdr i know this is a stupid question but Im trying to get all my TODOs on the list I just have 3 questions to go !

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 11:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just say nicely to the older kid, no (insert childs name) you can have it when there done with it. Just like I do with my own kids. I personally dont think its rude or anything to say that, if I dont notice my child take something from someone else it wouldnt bother me at all if they did the same.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• There is a difference between sharing and taking something directly away from another child no matter the age. The child needs to learn to wait for his turn. A six month old has a short attention span and will relinquish the toy for another one. Perhaps having the older child trade with the younger might teach them both something valuable.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Expecting sharing/taking turns at 15 months is way too soon! I tell my older one "it's (baby's) turn now, then it will be your turn" then I wait about 20 seconds and then tell him "okay, now it's your turn". Really, a 6 month old doesn't usually care what toy they are playing with! But I'm teaching my older one the basics and in time he will develop more patience and an understanding of turn taking and sharing.

Answer by missanc at 9:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2011