Anyone feel this way...

I am a first time mom... im due on June 3rd.

I was so excited and happy when i found out that me and my hubby were pregnant.
However a lot has changed since October...

My love got into a horrible, near fatal car wreck in January. That added a lot of stress and worry to me as i had to fly to another state to see him in the hospital nearly paralyzed (he had 4 head fractures, a blown ear drum, a broken right collar bone, several fractures in his left arm (which he needed plates and screws to put back together) 3 broken ribs and contusions on his hip. (Just seeing him almost made me go into hysterical tears) He was put on disability after a week in ICU & his surgery and we had to drive (the last thing he prob wanted to do) 11hrs to get back home in a rental car...

Less than 2 weeks later, i ended up having to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency surgery myself as i almost lost our baby at 23 weeks... it has been such a stressful, scary time since January for me (as well as im sure, my love) and i feel like i just cant stand this anymore. Im on bed rest because of my surgery so since Feb i have been out of work and on disability myself and hes at home trying to recover from all his injuries and seeing over 4 different doctors just to keep things progressing along with his psychical therapy...

Its insane! I couldn't even script this for a movie, my life is crazy unbelievable...

My main question is i suppose: Am i a bad mother/lover for feeling that i've been "jipped" out on my pregnancy which is supposed to be all about me and the baby and being pampered by my love since i cant get any of that... as well as for feeling that i just want the pregnancy to be OVER already so i at least have the freedom to be out of my own bed and be able to just drive to the food store or get out of the house>?

I feel horrible... Any help or suggestions or thoughts???

xXShutterflyXx

Asked by xXShutterflyXx at 11:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As long as you love that baby, and are taking care of yourself, you are not being a bad mom. I had my ups and downs during pregnancy, granted that they were not as severe as yours, had a lot of worries, and stress. I do wish i had enjoyed my pregnancy more, but that is only 9 months out of the rest of your life with the baby. Try to enjoy it if you can, but just know that you dont need a pampered pregnancy to be a good mom, or to have a healthy and happy baby.
    Give your belly a few extra rubs tonight :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• This will pass and things will get better. It may take some time, but it will get better.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Normal is what your feeling, my husband got into an accident 1 week or so before I gave birth and I felt the same way, pregnancy is so difficult on a physical and emotional level I will keep you in my Prayers
    MamiColleen

Answer by MamiColleen at 3:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Hugs~~

What a horrible story, these feelings are normal. My pregnancies are fairly boring. No food cravings or anything. I love the kicks and hearing the heart beat but otherwise there just isn't a whole lot different. I am on bed rest too so I understand the feeling of just wanting something else to do and be done with it. I have 3 wks that I would like to go yet before baby comes so hopefully we can avoid the NICU. Been there done that and I would reather not go there again.

Keep your chin up and try to enjoy what time you have left being pregnant. Hopefully if you get pregnant again you will get the whole experience. I haven't sat back and really enjoyed the kicks and I will be sad after its done because I am planning this to be my last.

Chin up and hugs ~~
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011