When do you send out birthday party invitations?

My DDs birthday is 5/15, and her party is around there.... So when should i send out invites? I was thinking this week. Is it too early?? And how do i make it clear that only those that are invited by us are welcomed to come, without sounding mean...

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 11:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Holidays

• My kids are grown now. But, I usually tried to get them handed out 2 weeks prior. This gives parents time to plan.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I usually send out ours a month ahead of time because I know how quickly my calendar gets filled, so I just assume it's that way with others. I have had others wait until a couple weeks prior and that's just not enough time in my book. I'd say three weeks is probably a pretty good amount of time.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Oh....and just make sure you point out that they need to RSVP...when they call or e-mail, get your number then and if they say "we are bringing so-and-so" and you don't want that person, just politely say that you only have enough room for the ones invited.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i do it a month ahead
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2011