Why is it that anyone who isn't pro gay, is called "hateful" and "intolerant"????

No one is allowed to publically say that they believe homosexuality is wrong anymore without being called names and treated like a pariah... 50 years ago this wouldn't have happened. Now, because of public pressure and polticial correctness.... we are all forced to march in step with supporting homosexuality whether we believe its right or not. They call us names...but they hate us and are intolerant of other beliefs that don't mirror their own. How is that not hypocritical? How is that not hateful? Why do we have to love things that our own faith tells us is wrong?

goodi2shooz

Asked by goodi2shooz at 11:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Because until someone is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to marry another woman, it's none of your damn business to have an opinion about what other people do in the first place. Nobody asked you and you're not entitled.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Well, I guess I'm not really understanding the question.  You are "allowed" to say anything you want to. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Call me hateful then. I have a gay daughter and I DONT approve of that lifestyle but I dont bash them for it. their life, their choice. Same with people who get abortions, Im pro choice but not my place to tell someone what they can or cant do with their body.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think what you have stated above is really encompassed by the whole tolerance and understanding thing. Being able to understand leads to tolerance... It's not about who's belief is right or wrong. In a perfect world, there would be no bashing of anyone, but that's not how it works. Sometimes, it's not about standing on a hillside and praising our beliefs as "The Way it Should Be"..... That works both ways.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• nobody says u have to like it, I think what people do is their business. If they are happy they are happy. I think they need to just be accepted and treated like normal people.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Because it's true. I feel that belief is no different than racism, and people who think it's wrong and are hell bent on making life decisions for indivduals they know nothing about is taking us back to a time when segregation was acceptable.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 11:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Well, nobody is allowed to publicly say that Jewish people should be exterminated, that women shouldn't have the right to vote, or that black people should still be slaves either.

That's because society has moved forward.

Think homosexuality is wrong all you want (whilst ignoring the nearby pages of your holy book that declare it equally abhorrent to eat shellfish and pork), but try to infringe on the rights of other free individuals and you are going to get called out.

Honestly, we know there are homophobes in existence. You aren't telling us anything new or brave. Shaming a group of people is not standing up for your beliefs. Live your life the way you want to, according to your moral principles. If homosexuality is wrong, by all means, don't engage in homosexual relationships. Nobody is forcing you to do so!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• What are you talking about? I have never seen hurtful things being said to those who isn't pro gay unless those who are against gays are the ones bashing. People who are different from you just ask to be accepted and treated the same as everyone else. Is that to much to ask for?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• if every one in the world where allowed to shout their beliefs from the hilltops black people would still be represt , mexicans would only be working in the field i could go on and on but i think you get my drift...so even if you think keep it to yourself because honestly these people arent telling you how to live so leave them alone....
    Anonymous

• I know what you are talking about. I have very strong religious convictions and I always get bashed on the gay questions on here. It seems silly because it is a forum seeking my input. I don't go around bashing homosexuals in my daily life..I have some as customers and one very good friend..I have never once said or implied something awful about their lifestyle. I do however have a constitutionally protected right to the freedom of my religion..which happens to teach it is wrong...I don't pick and choose sins to avoid..I sincerely strive to avoid them all.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011