If you're anti or pro a particular hot topic (abortion, circumcision, etc) .... adult content

I am curious if you've ever experienced viewing one (in person or in a straight shot non edited video) ? If so did it change your opinion(s) or views at all?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I've seen video of just about everything I have a strong opinion on. I can't say it changed my opinion, as much as it reinforced what I already believed.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I am against it I dont care there is no reason to kill an unborn baby NO WAY ! I will shut up now before I go off !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 11:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i have never seen an abortion, I have seen a circumcision and it not change my pro-circumcision opinion . .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Never seen an abortion but I am anti-abortion, seen a circumcision and I am pro that
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I haven't actually found something I'm "pro" about.  My boys are/will be circumcised because their dad is and he gets to choose.  He was with out 1st son when he got it done and will be with this one also.  So no, I haven't actually seen it myself but my husband did and still wants our 2nd boy to be circumcised.  With every pregnancy I get hit with worry and think about having an abortion.  It goes away after a few months but during those few months yes, I have watched videos and seen pictures of abortions/aborted babies.  I found it gave me a reality check. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My sons are circumcised, I was there for both, and I didnt like it. Seeing videos and pictures of people murdering children made me feel heartbroken. There is absolutely NO reason for someone to murder a child. Regardless of the situation and nothing would change my mind about that.

Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes I have seen video.. I have even been with 2 friends when they made one of the hardest decisions of their lives (not young immature women with no husband, no job..etc.. women in their 30's with husbands, with children, financially stable) to end a pregnancy for health reasons. I was with them when they had the procedure.. I was with them afterwards..I have been friends/by there side for years after..I watched their children grow up with mine and be thankful that they were there to share that with me (and their children that they already had).

No.. It did not change my mind. It reaffirmed my belief in "Choice"..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i have seen videos. i have had people talk to me. i am still pro circ and pro choice
    afwifeandmommy3

Answer by afwifeandmommy3 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes I've saw video. I'm anti circ and pro choice. Though I know I personally would never have an abortion, I'm not telling people what they can or can't do with THEIR OWN bodies. When the child is born, thats a different story. Its no longer just their own body. And I'll fully educate anyone on the horror of circumcision if asked.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• when I was 20 weeks pregnant, I found a website that showed an abortion in progress and the fetus was 16 weeks...I bawled my eyes out...I could never do that to a living being. Just think about it....we are alive because our moms did not choose to have us killed.

as far circumcision well my son is because when a make is much older and have fore skin it is a problem in many ways....better do do away with it at a few days rather then 50 yrs old, diabetic and can't pull the skin down to pee so then the foreskin has to be cut off...and it can't be predicted either, just because one guy with foreskin is good for his whole life does not mean the next guy isn't but it is seriously painful as an adult to have foreskin removed
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011