TODAY IS THE 5TH DAY OF 100.1 - 103.8 FEVER?!?

My 5 month old DD has a high fever accompanied with a red rash all over her body (except face). She has red eyes & is slightly fussy, drooling a bit more than usual. She's also eating 2 ounce less at feedings. She normally drinks 6 oz but She was throwing it all up. She is holding down 4 oz fine.

She's a bit lethargic but will smile & laugh when u play with her.

Took her to the Dr. yesterday & they said it was just a virus. If she still has the fever today to bring her back in for blood work and she does so I'm taking her in. Currently she is at 103.2 :(

Has anyone ever experienced this type of sickness with their little one? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MomToFour247

Asked by MomToFour247 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i havent but i know that is a very high fever you need to take her right away to be safe
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That happened with one of my girls and they put her in the hospital. After a week in the hospital all they could tell me was it was viral because antibiotics didn't help it just had to run it's course.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Do you baby a favor and follow dr's advice and go get blood work done to make sure its nothing serious!! You would kick yourself if it was and you didn't take her in!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i dont know either but i would take her in and have them find out what is going on before taking her home again...esp if she is at 103 temp. that is high. and with the other signs i would be worried. but i am paranoid lol...but if the dr wont see her than take her to urgent care or the ER and see what they can do. we have had to do that with my son a few times. good luck and i hope all is okay.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm going to the ER not now but RIGHT NOW!! I am soooo nervous. Thank you everyone
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yes, I had to take my daughter to the er two weekends ago. Its fine... Give her pedialite, apple sause, try and stay way from milk. it's not making her feel any better, you also might want to get some midol and give her .05. With her rash put some diaper cream on her. Sounds silly but it works faster than anything else

WATCH OUT FOR THE ER... Do not let them put a cafetiere in your daughter. They put mine is so much pain and all i wanted was an iv put in her to help with her dehydration. I hope your er is better. just don't panic and be safe
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 11:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• bring thwe baby kid to the hospital youve waited to long!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2008