So I need advised what to say to the father of my unborn child I am so undecided about what to say if my unborn come with a birth defect

I used to be so mentally so strong before

karisma91331

Asked by karisma91331 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you have a reason to believe your child will be born with a birth defect? Are you afraid to tell him your pregnant, or does he already know? Do you feel like he'll think it's your fault if there's a birth defect??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• y would u think that ur baby would have a birth defect
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yeah he knows I am pregnant . We barely be seeing each other for a month I ended up preggers. I was out party before I forund i was so that is leaving us to wondering what if . he thinks it would be in our best interest to terminate if comes out abnormal. Just cause are money reasons
    karisma91331

Comment by karisma91331 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• How are you planning on terminating if it comes out abnormal, at that time it will be a human being.
    Faye1234

Answer by Faye1234 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I know I get that. I am pro-choice but at the same I am really scared of getting a abortion. But I have a son already that has special needs and it is hard for me now.
    karisma91331

Comment by karisma91331 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was partying, doing cocaine, drinking, smoking marijuana when I found out I was 2 months pregnant with my first son- I was terrified as well. He's perfectly fine, well adjusted, and growing into a great young man. Short of a trisomy (such as down's) or physical defect there is no way of knowing whether your child will have birth defect or not.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• What did you do at the party? No judgment here because before I found I was pregnant with my son I got pretty drunk for the first time in years. He came along very healthy and is growing well. I think that if you are having problems even thinking about getting an abortion you most likely will regret doing it. It is your choice to make though. You need to tell your o.b. if you have drank or done any drugs since you've been pregnant. That way they will be able to order the right test done. Have you looked into any support groups or play groups for you and your son? sometimes it helps to talk to other parents who have children with special needs. I wish you all the best.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• More than likely you won't know of a birth defect until the baby is born... So you couldn't "terminate". Why not carry to term, and if you decide that you can't/won't raise the baby, put the baby up for adoption to a loving family?
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2011