Looking for a good work from home job

OK i know this is what all moms are looking for. but i don't want something that i have buy in to spend money to start, sale to other people, keep at my house, make lots of phone calls on, or other wise is some silly pyramid scheme that requires me to pray on the other people i know or meat at play dates. i'm willing to go to school for the job, and i know that i would be good with anything that has to do with data entry, as it was part of my job at scholastic, i just don't want to be on a phone or in an office any more i would rather be home with my kids. any one know something that would be good for some one like me?

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 12:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I read your question with intent of giving you some advise of WAH jobs that I know about. However, after reading your question and seeing the misuse of simple words, I changed my mind. I have seen the same question over and over, from moms who don't want to put any effort to find the information they need on their own or from those that are just plain lazy and think that money will just into their laps. I'm sorry but if you want people to take you seriously then take the extra time to spell and grammar check what you post. You make yourself look uneducated by the mistakes.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Data entry jobs would require that you could enter the data correctly. If you can't spell or know enough to use spell check......I wouldn't recommend you for a job. I never said that YOU were looking for a hand out or that you should "pop" out kids "without" thought. I said that there are many on here that do not put forth the effort or time to research things on their own. I was also merely pointing out that your spelling errors look bad. As for the no child left behind, it's not a bad law and you have no excuse for not being able to educate yourself. Foreword=Forward, For give=Forgive,we're not talking rocket science here. I didn't leave my name because I have the right not to do so if I choose. I was never trying to be mean, learn how to take criticism. It's very difficult to find an employer that will hire anyone that can't read/write basic English.
    Anonymous

• i worked for scholastic too, small world. i worked at both the jc factories and moberly. i was an inventory control clerk. my suggestion is don't do med bill and code bc most places are going automated. i know the hospital i currently use uses an automated system already and i'm in mo. i would start a business like avon bc it sells itself and great incentives. also watching children in your own home can bring great income if you have the patience.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Sure. Hilton has a very large work at home staff that takes reservations on the phone from their home office they pay around 10 per hour and are always hiring. Another option is home shopping network, they too hire workers to take calls from home. Another option is to look on a website called craigs list you type in your city, for example Boston craigs list on google and click the link. You then look in jobs or gigs and you will find many people who own their own small business looking for administrative assistants that can work either from your home or thiers. Pay is 10-15 dollars or so. Best of luck!
    MamiColleen

Answer by MamiColleen at 3:40 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If you don't know what context to use the words sale, meat, or pray then school would be a very good option for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• anonymous- i'm so glade you have nothing better to do with your time then pick out my bad grammar and spelling, way to spend your time.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You can always sell on eBay.  I think it's the best thing out there for people wanting to earn money, yet stay at home.  Also I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog when you have time~ Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Have you tried babysitting? I keep a set of twin girls full time. I bring in about an extra $600 a month, then you could still stay home with your kids. Just a thought.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i did that as a young girl but i cant see my self doing that, we are not a structured family we go with the day, we are military and have one car so that keeps me in the car a lot i'm in my car at 5:30, 7:20, 8:30 some times at 11:00, again at 4:30. lunch for my son could be 11 12 1 and naps are when he falls asleep. maybe if we didn't share a car i would think about that one but thank you.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• anonymous- use your real name are you afraid of the bad rate. i'm not looking to have money fall in my lap if that was the case i would go get food stamps, tif, or some other government hand out when i really dont need it so i can sit and pop out kids with out thought. i'm looking for info on data entry jobs. for give me for going to a KC school, where they have been using the stupid no child left behind, where they push foreword kids not ready for the next grade, if your that concerned with my grammar and spelling go be a teacher.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2011