I don't think he loves me anymore...

My husband is so mean to me I really don't think he loves me anymore. I just don't know what to do. Every single day he is putting me down and belittling me to the poing where I am so depressed and I feel horrible about myself. We have a child together and I don't want to leave, because in spite of all of this I want to make it work. I just don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• You need to start standing up for your self. My DH wouldn't dare do that, cause I would tell his ass off so quick. I would put him on the ground.

Answer by louise2 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Tell him how he's making you feel. If you do nothin else talk to him. Before you call it quits, wait things out for a few months. Sometimes time can make things better. My husband turned into a real jerk right around our 2nd anniversary. I had the pappers in my hand, and my MIL gave me an article about giving things time. I held on to the papers for 6 months, here we are going on 10 years and I am very happy. Best wishes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i agree with louise. cuss his ass out and let him know that you should be treated with respect. are you a sahm?
    Anonymous

• I'm in the same boat. We have 2 small children and I don't want to leave because it would destroy our oldest and him as well, she is his life. We've been married for 10yrs. Start doing things just with you and your child, be nice to him but let the condesending remarks bounce off of you and don't let him see you get upset. Sounds like there is a control issue there, the less he see's that control, the better you'll be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Louise is right...stop tolerating his shit and anyone else who disrespects you..
    Once you know your strength and you use it...trust me they no longer bite...or atleast not as hard..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am in the same boat also...i have a 2 and 3 year old who love their daddy to death...he is always so mean to me..always putting me down.. calling me names. I know everyone says its wrong to stay for the kids but its alot harder then just packing the kids up and leaving... I wish i had some great advice to give but i dont. I do agree with the lady who said its a control issue...power trip...if you stop showing him how much he gets to you he wont know what to do... Im sorry you have to deal with this..but just know you are not alone! hugs

mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 8:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008