23 weeks pregnant and dont feel movement everyday

is this a problem??? I am overweight but I have felt her kicks, just not regular enough to do counts and not everyday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Baby's movements are still very random at this point. From 26-32 weeks the kicks will increase, then after that start decreasing because they're running out of room. As long as your feeling the baby, it's fine. My doctor didn't even have me start doing counts until 28 weeks.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• don't worry I didnt start feeling my boy move alot until more recently... and I am 32 weeks... at 23 weeks they are still very small and i am sure she is moving but not hard enough for you to feel. They say after 28 weeks there movements are more regular.. mine are just now more regular... dont stress about it... totally normal for your stage... I am also on the skinny side and they say that being skinny/average you are more likely to feel movements.. and I didnt all the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am 22 weeks and I only feel kicks at night. I was just reading that the baby is developing a pattern of sleeping, sucking, and kicking. So you might not notice if the kicking period falls when you are asleep or busy. I think that this early the kicks are small enough that if you aren't paying attention they are easy to miss. If this is your first it is also not uncommon to not feel them regularly til a little later. I didn't really count kicks until I was 30+ weeks. I just had little conversations with him at night when he was the most active. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2008