Chicken pox after the vaccine??

My son had like 6 red bumps on his neck yesterday. Today he has about 15 from gis neck to his waist line. I'm beginning to think its chicken pox.

I thought it may be flea bites but I haven't seen any fleas on my dog.

Should I take him to the dr tomorrow or wait a few days to see if they go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do they have little white bumps on them and look like blisters?? He could have gotten something from being outside or the heat..my daughter had them too a while back. She's 2 1/.2 and had the vax. They disappeared the next day.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No they r just red...not much of a bump u can barely feel them. 15 bumps tho? I think I'm gonna wait a few days and see if they disappear bc he hates the drs office and I hate to put him through it!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Sometimes the vax will cause a small uncontagious breakout, within days of getting it. You can call, but there's really nothing they can do for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• And if he didn't have the vaccine recently - you can still get the chicken pox after being vaccinated - the vax doesn't prevent it, it just makes it so that if you do get it it's not as bad. But still, there's not much a doc can do for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Possibly just a side effect, kinda like the MMR vaccine my kids both broke out in rashes.
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 2:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• it doesn't sound like chicken pox to me...I would just wait and see how he continues...does he have a fever? Is he scratching at them? My daughter ended up with a total of around 12-14...it just sounds like an irritation to something. And honestly, if they ARE, which I doubt, then the doc won't be able to do anything...unless he's got a terrible fever or other side effect. Just keep him from scratching..
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:16 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• In my first response, i meant she had red bumps, NOT the chicken pox....I re-read it and is sounded like I said she had pox.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• He doesn't scratch. They don't even seem to bother him and no fever.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2011