Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Heel Spurs??

So this crazy lady with a magic bracelet at the mall today asked me if I had pain, I was going to say no, not at all, then my dear sweet husband said, YEAH! her heel always hurts- so she shoves this stainless steel bracelet down my sock before I can really say anything and of course it does nothing. So then she asks if I have a heel spur- I said no, not knowing what the heck it was, but thanks to WebMD, apparently, that's exactly what I have!! Sharp sudden pain after getting up from a long rest, or sitting for some time, pain that goes from sharp to dull or aching, etc. Totally what my problem is- so does anyone else have this? What are my options cuz I have no insurance.


Asked by KariLyn84 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

Level 16 (2,371 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • I had a podiatrist tell me I had one years ago. Somehow it went away for many yrs so he was either wrong or they can go away on their own. I now have one again and hope it goes away too but there are some exercises to help. Look up Plantar Fasciitis. I sit with a tennis ball under my foot and roll it back and forth. I also do the exercises to stretch the muscles that are affected. I bought a brace to sleep in and an arch support. Both have helped a bit.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:28 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • I think the only option is surgery.

    Answer by dancer at 12:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • i have the same thing, bugs the heck out of me. I have yet to see a doctor about it, but i think thats the only way to get it taken care of.

    Answer by dimpsedee34me at 12:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • Doctor , Podiatrist , you may get relief with support inserts for your shoes,

    Answer by janet116 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • the sad answer is i think the only way to get help is to see a doc gl with it

    Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • Wear good support in your shoes. Stretch the area daily. Take motrin as needed. Massage the heal with your thumb.

    This was the advice my friend got from her doctor and it worked.

    Answer by layh41407 at 7:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • I have one, its not as bad as it use to be, make sure you wear very good shoes and you might consider special made insoles for you. the only way to get rid of it is through surgery. and stretches on your foot do help alot and take Advil or Motrin for inflammation.

    Answer by jenn4443 at 7:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • I have them too. I think the only way to actaully get rid of them is surgey. I have found that on days when my heels are hurting really bad if I wear heels it makes walking a little bit more bareable since I'm walking on the ball of my foot instead of my heel.

    Answer by jedwards2009 at 7:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • It is probably Plantar Fascitis. Before you get up in the morning write the ABCs with your feet. Then stretch your legs and feet well. Do not wear flat shoes. At the store they have all types of inserts for plantar fascitis. You may need to try several before you find the one that works for you. Try the tennis ball stretch. I had it for a couple of years but now with the inserts, stretches and good work out shoes my feet do not bother me anymore.

    Answer by Keksie at 7:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • Ewww! She shoved a bracelet down your sock without your permission?! What a creeper!

    Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011