Is it okay for an adult male to babysit a young boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Not in my house.  In my house no babysitters period.  I scared myself crapless a long time ago by watching those shows and youtube videos on nannys and babysitters abusing kids.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• not for me it aint
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• yeah there kid
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Why not? I see no difference between a male and female sitter as long as they are responsible and have had a background check. Ladies men are perfectly capable of babysitting too!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have a manny. He is awesome with kids. He babysits for five other families too
    They absolutely love him. I see nothing wrong with it. Just make sure you do a background check and get references.
    CherBear2529

Answer by CherBear2529 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Remember not all child molesters are men.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would hope so! I know several men who are great with kids and enjoy playing with them. My oldest child, 30, enjoys children and he has a couple of single mom friends that bring their kids over to play. My son is a single dad ;
    and its good for kids to have a male figure in their life , with all these single moms, its just good for a child to have a male who they can play catch with, fish or talk too.
    Its terrible how these days we have to worry about our children being harmed in some way.
    dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Why can't a man babysit a child? We let my husband's guy friends babysit our son before. Yeah most of the time it is women like my mom and grandma but I don't shelter my children and I make sure I can trust a person man or woman!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes, of course. Now I wouldn't grab some stranger off the street to watch my kids, male or female, but I've had guys babysit my boys before. Teens and adults. And now my oldest is old enough to babysit so he does it for me and he also sits for my nieces.

And my husband does not 'babysit' our kids. He parents them, just like me.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes if its someone you trust. My husband babysits for my friends so we can go out sometime. And one of the guys my hubby works with has watched our kids for us (with his wife going in and out of the house but still) and that included my daughter. I will NOT leave my kids with someone I don't know really well and trust well. But my kids are old enough to tell me if something is going on so it might be different that with a young kid who can't tell these things yet.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2011