What can I do??

My poor daughter will be 5 in August, a mere 14 days after the cutoff for Kindergarten. We've told her she won't be able to go to school this year and where we live, it's $65 a week for 3 hr a day preschool, and she'd be put in with 4 yr olds. She's regressed enough already since her big brother started Kindergarten last fall, and I've been homeschooling her already- she's smart enough she could easily test in for K but they won't let her. What should I do for her? She is so sad every day because she just wants to go to school with Bubby.

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Look for a Christian preschool many of them have scholarships, but they do not advertise this, also check out your recreation department may have a free program my son did both
    MamiColleen

Answer by MamiColleen at 3:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Organize a play group if you can with other moms. You can also check out meetup.com for moms groups and play groups. Plus go to the local library's story hour weekly. She will remain sad about this if you do. Develop a positive attitude and have positive thoughts that you will have a great year investigating different possibilities to have fun with other kids. And don't mention the age of kids in these groups......just have fun.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• That is awful! Our Daughter will be 6 in June, but we chose to hold her back for a year. So this past year she has been in pre-school. The good thing is our school offers a public pre-school. We chose to do this because I wanted her to graduate and be 18 at that time rather than 17.

I'm not sure what choices there are for you in your area. Maybe talk to the school a bit more?
    Sabrina
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 6:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011