What's the easiest way to lose weight?

I feel like I was so good at losing weight before, now I just can't and I always end up eating something I shouldn't. any tips or suggestions on how to lose about 40lbs within 3 mo?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 1:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It basically has to do with what you eat. I mean, you can exercise. But if you exercise, you'll still have to watch what you eat. No junk, no sodas, no candy. Just healthy crap. And water. If you watch what you eat, then the pounds will shed as if you didn't even have to work for it. Can ya dig?

Now toning, that's something else.
    scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 1:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• diet and exercize, you have to change the way you eat and then ecxercize, even if you just walk for 30 minutes a day.
    misssy2000

Answer by misssy2000 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• 80% of it is calorie intake. Go to mypyramid.gov and calculate your intake according to your goal weight. You should be exercising about 5 days a week, and I mean really getting your heart rate up, not a 30 minute stroll.
    Add plenty of fruits and veggies to your diet. The only thing you should be drinking is water. No processed foods. Whole grains instead of refined, processed grains. Lean proteins and dairy. Measure your portion sizes to make sure you're only eating what you should be.
    Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:28 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• low carb
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If you aren't already making an effort to eat low sodium, do that. I lost 11lbs in 1 week just by going low sodium, low fat. By low sodium i mean read the sodium content of EVERYTHING you eat and don't go over 1500 mg a day. It sounds easier than it is though, there's sodium in everything it seems!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Eat less, by calorie intake .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Also, if you want the weight to STAY off, you should really consider changes that you can stick with. You're asking a lot from yourself in a short time. I've lost 58 lbs so far over the last year by making permanent changes I can keep up in the long term. I've done the yo-yo thing, and rapid weight loss isn't permanent weight loss, nor is it healthy. Consider a healthy way of going about this that you can do forever.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Portions
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Some tips that I've learned...

1) Get rid of as much stress as possible, including don't obsess over losing weight because that could actually make you gain weight.
    2) Get enough sleep on a regular basis.
    3) Drink lots of water everyday including before eating.
    4) Make sure you are having 1-3 bowel movements a day. If not then you need the right combination for you of fiber, water, and oil such as fish oil in your diet.
    5) Cut out sugars as much as possible especially in drinks.
    6) Figure out the right way to eat for you. Every person is different and has different dietary needs. You may just need to change how you eat such as eating slower or eating smaller portions or you may need to supplement like if you need more energy you may need vitamin B complex. But it also seems that many people often have to cut out dairy or just replace cow milk with another milk such as almond or rice milk. (con.)--->
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• 7) With exercise you really have to figure out what works best for you. I gain weight all over so I have to lose it the same way which is why I love dancing and swimming. Just make sure to be careful and stretch every time you exercise to prevent injuries.
    8) Massage the area that you want to tone. This brings heat and fresh oxygen and nutrient rich blood to that area.
    9) Have fun! Make your food choices and exercises fun.

For some people though if none of these things really help then they may have a more serious problem such as a hormonal imbalance, thyroid or adrenal gland problem in which they may have to consult a doctor.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2011