How many vitamins do you or can you take? There are so many that are good for you, I don't want to overdose on them...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• You really only need a multivitamin, and that's it. Even that, if you eat a balanced diet, may not be necessary. I take fish oil supplements, a prenatal vitamin, and iron (because of my iron-deficiency anemia). There's really no need to take more. You may want to evaluate your diet for vitamin intake to see if you even need any vitamins. You can usually make up any deficiencies through diet, and forgo the supplementation altogether.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Multivitamin
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• well other then just a normal vitamin and how many they call for have your doc do blood work to see if you need more of one or the other if you are truly concerned
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Multivitamins are crap. There is no "one size fits all" vitamin so stay away from those. And you cannot get all your nutrients from food alone because the food of today is so depleted in nutrients so supplementing is a great idea. You cannot OD on water-soluble vitamins and the RDA (so outdated) for the fat-soluble ones are so much lower than what your body actually needs that there's a good chance you won't come anywhere near too much.

I'd start with a good B-complex vitamin, vitamin C, vitamin D, probiotics, and omega oils. You might want to get tested to see exactly what your nutritional requirements may be but your doctor will most likely balk at the idea. You may need to go to an alternative practitioner for that. Best of luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I take a women's multi-vitamin, vitamin -c an iron pills (I am anemic).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Multivitamin is best
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I take 1 multi vitamin a day.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My doctor has me on a multi-vite, vitamin D and DHEA . . . .only because my blood levels have tested low. Go in for your annual labs, and your doc will tell you what you might need, if you need anything.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I take a prenatal, Omega 3, and a Vitamin D supplement
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 7:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2011