Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Need advice please

my sister just had a baby who is now 6 mo. she has not been able to have sex with her husband before the baby was born but now she hasnt been able to do anything because it hurts so bad down there for her. she said she ripped a lot during birth and lost a lot of blood and now she has yellow discharge all the time. she has went to the ER and her regular doctor and they couldnt find anything. i told her to go to a different doctor but we were just wondering if anyone has had this problem too. she said she feels nausea every day too.

Answer Question

Asked by wifey000175554 at 2:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

Level 15 (1,898 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • It has taken me 6 months to heal from my c section, hormones also play a role too.

    Answer by MamiColleen at 3:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • When I gave birth to my first child 30 yrs ago, I too tore alot and I lost 10 pints of blood. I was given blood transfusions and in hospital for over a week. And throughout the years i would have discomfort at times during sex and also just while doing daily activities. I had a doctor once tell me that everything looked healthy down there but i had some scar tissue. Maybe thats what causes discomfort. I would think if the doctors are'nt concerned about her discharge and she has no other symptoms its normal. Never hesitate to get a second opinion if thats an option. Hope she feels better real soon.

    Answer by dmr73059 at 3:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • I didn't begin to enjoy sex until almost a year and a half after having my son, mostly due to tearing and loss of feeling in my vagina....if the doctors are saying she's fine, get a second opinion if you disagree but it may just be an issue that will resolve itself in time. Give her a hug and tell her to hang in there!

    Answer by ShainaMay at 3:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • theres a difference between enjoying sex and hurting from it and if shes still hurting 6 months later with a yellow disharge i would think maybe an infection i would bug docs til they listen and figure it out

    Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • I'm not sure, but I would get a second opinion for sure!

    Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • I would go see a different Doctor, I was able to have sex about 6 weeks after, but everyone is different. If she's having other symptoms though I'd definately go see someone.

    Answer by kylie_bob at 11:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.