Has anyone had a stillborn and then got pregnant again and went on to give birth to a healthy child?

Please Help! Has anyone with diabetes or high blood pressure given birth to a stillborn and then went on to have a healthy child? My blood sugar levels and blood pressure was all in the normal range during my pregnancy but I lost my baby girl at 37 weeks, a week and a half before my scheduled c section. We tried for 1 year to get pregnant and we are devastated. I want to try again but I am afraid, can anyone help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not me, but I have family and friends who have. My grandmother's fourth child (after three boys) was stillborn (a girl) then she had five girls. My aunt's firstborn was stillborn (a boy), they TTC for many years after that without success and kept his nursery the same. I think like 6 years or so later they had my first cousin, a girl, followed by another girl and another boy. I have a friend also who had a stillbirth and now has three kids. HUGS to you!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• my mom had five kids, and there was one in the middle that was stillborn..so she was still able to have 2 or 3 more healthy children
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 4:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• A friend lost her third at 7 months. Then she had another.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have 6 kids, my son was a stillborn & my 3rd child, I have had 3 healthy DD's since him & no problems with my pregnancies either.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My friend lost a 2 babies at 22 weeks, she had to give birth to them and hold them as they died. It was so sad. She now has 2 healthy happy little boys. She had to get her cervix sewn shut. I'm sorry if you are going through this. But you can be happy and have another baby. So sorry for your loss.

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011