Can the patch actually help someone quit smoking?

Anyone (or your SO, a friend, etc.) had success using it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• I used the patch and I have been smoke free for 6 months now. You really have to want to quit. I dont like chantix because it messes alot of people up. It can make your behavior change and some have become suicidal on that pill. If you decide to use the patch make sure you have something for your hands to do to keep them busy. Good Luck.
    angellove29115

Answer by angellove29115 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have. but you have to really want to quit. and its easy to slip up and smoke again but you can always go back to quitting. after about a week you really feel the difference. it feels weird at first like i would always smoke in the car when i didn't have the kids in it with me, so when i didn't light up as soon as i was alone it felt weird and uncomfortable but you get used to it
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 3:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• well it can help if you want it but i actually found chantix works alot better and the good thing with chantix you can smoke on it til it starts to work and then you actually dont even want to smoke
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I used the patch to quit and I haven't had a cigarette in over 4 years. It can work but you really have to want to quit or it won't work. I used it years ago but I didn't want to quit so after about 2 months I went back to smoking. Be careful it says you can have vivid dreams at night if you wear it at night and one time I wore it at night and I had nightmares.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My dh quit with the patch and hasn't smoked for 3 yrs. I honestly didn't think he could quit either that's how bad he was.
    kat1116

Answer by kat1116 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The patch actually made my sister break out. My husband had great success with the pill, chantix.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It worked for my mother. GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If you are actually ready to quit!
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My husband quit with it, so yes.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I know many people who failed on patches! But they obviously didn't want to quit.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:40 AM on Apr. 18, 2011