My DD is 8 mos old and has a big knot on her leg....

Tonight I noticed a big knot on my dd's leg, on her upper thigh, about an inch above the knee... about where they gave her shots, BUT she got shots like two months ago.. and they say the lump should be gone in a few days to a month... it's been two months... She has never had any health problems or anything..

I did'nt even notice this knot until tonight, and I'm pretty sure it was'nt there before. It's super hard, about the size of a quarter (But shaped almost like a football), and there is a little red dot on her skin above the knot. I think this means it's either infected, or inflamed.. right? I am making a apt with the Dr. first thing this morning, but I am just freaking out! She is also teething, and has a little fever, I'm not sure if it's from this knot or from teething..
I have given her baby ibuprofen for the fever. She does'nt complain when I touch it or anything... very wierd, does anyone know what this could be?

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 5:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does it look like a spider bite? My dd would get knots from shots, but they lasted a week at the longest. Good luck, hope it's not anything too bad!
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 7:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Could be a bite, I agree with flippindadaisie spider. I would take her to her ped doctor. It is strange. Hope she feels better!! "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2011