2 month old will not sleep in his crib

I don't know if I started a bad habit but I can not get him to sleep in his crib at all. I fed him all the time and sometimes I fall asleep with him in my arms. He also loves my satin sheets on my bed. When I put him in bed he scarred himself to death and cries. Since hubby and the girls have to get up early for school and work, I just put him in bed with us. During the day he sleeps just fine in the crib, at night is when he doesn't want to sleep there. He also hates being cold.he won't sleep then either. So I make sure he is warm at all times. What can I do to get him to sleep in his crib bc hubby is getting upset and I am not getting any sleep.

CherBear2529

Asked by CherBear2529 at 5:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he sleeps in his crib during the day without a problem, sounds like its not the crib or the sheets etc its habit, he is used to sleeping in your bed at night cause thats what you have been allowing, it doesnt take long for them at all to get used to it.....I remember when my daughter was about 4 mths old she wasnt well with a cold and slept with us for a couple of nights then didnt want to sleep in her crib, we just had to let her cry it out, I dont know any other way that works, we knew she was ok, breaks in the crying etc, it may take a couple of nights, but if your committed to it, both you and ur husband, it should work.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I had that problem with my LO sleeping on our sofa at that age. like the PP said, I just had to let her fuss for a few minutes and she learned to sleep in her own crib after a few nights of this.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:40 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My daughter co-slept with us until she was about 3 months old. She would sleep in her bouncey during the day, but not in her bassinet at night. Then all of a sudden, she started sleeping in the bassinet after we kept trying. She just needed Mama for a little longer and when she was ready for her own space, she would sleep in the bassinet. Now if I tried to get her to nap with me because I wanted to snuggle or something, she won't-she's having none of that now! Lol, I think each baby is different. Keep trying the crib, let him cry, but not for too long or too hard. He will get the hang of it!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I agree he will adjust. He may have to fuss a little the first few times. Have a consistent bedtime routine that you use whenever it is sleep time and he will pick up on the cues. Do the same thing everytime. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I know its hard to hear your LO cry at that age, I couldn't do it either breaks my heart. As for being cold, and he obviously like you holding him at night (mine too) have to tried the swaddle me sleep sacks?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have the halo sleep sacks. He loves it. But he doesn't like it when you put his arms and swaddle part were it contains your arms.
    CherBear2529

Comment by CherBear2529 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My son is almost 7 months old and will only sleep in his crib for naps. His doc said that if he can nap in his crib during the day then he should be able to sleep in it at night. She said just to keep trying him in it at night. If he cries to go lay my hand on his chest and not pick him up.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011