Im addicted to ice

well i cant have carbonation anymore due to a surgery so i can no longer drink pop which is all im use to know i did drink ice water but now all i do is chew on ice day and night and i cant stop its so bad if i still have ice in my cup when its time for bed i cant go to sleep til i finish it and i am always freezing now also i do i stop

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 7:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It's actually a vitamin deficiency I think. I had that when I was pregnant. Google it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Have your iron levels checked.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yep, what the above posters say.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It's an iron deficiency. I just googled it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I agree craving ice is a sign that you could have low iron, I would recommend you go to the doctor and have them do a blood draw to check your iron levels.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• well thank you all and yes i do get blood work quite often due to my surgery and i am very vitamin deficient and usually anemic but oddly enuff iron isnt actually as low as normal .who knows i dont
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 4:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2011