After c-section how many months pain will be there?

silriva

Asked by silriva at 7:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was in pain for 6 weeks
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• More like weeks. I know my pain was gone by the time i went back to work 6 weeks after, but it was gone I think after 2 or 3 weeks, and i just did tylenol!
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 7:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Months? No. It only takes weeks to recoop. By the six weeks checkup you should be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The pain for me only lasted about 2-3 weeks though I felt my scar/numbness for about 5 years. It wasn't painful, it just let me know it was there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Mines lasted 2 weeks. But by the end of the first week it was much better.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was off pain meds in a matter of days, and able to get around well, within about 2 weeks. I do have some scar tenderness if I'm very active for an extended period of time (last c-section almost 10 mo ago) , but it's tolerable.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Should be totally fine and off pain meds in 4-6 weeks. By the end of the first week you are so much better. Then you just have to learn to walk standing totally upright again.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Every woman handles pain differently. I was off pain meds in about a week and a half.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• it didn't take me moths more like a couple of weeks.It really wasn't too bad for me and seemed easier to get over than my vaginal delivery did.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• it depends. with my unplanned c-section, i was in pain for about 4-6 weeks. with my planned, scheduled c-section, i was good as new in 1 week
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2011