Was this part of my mucus plug???

Ok... we were out and about this weekend doing a lot of walking. Well I went to the bathroom and she kicked me EXTREMELY hard then i heard a splash in the toilet. Looked and it was about the size of a nickel.... a ball of thick goey pinkish colored discharge. Well since then every now and then there is a pinkish color on my pad. Do you think this was part of my mucus plug?? If it is should I call my doctor and tell him or wait to my appt. Almost 34wks pregnant
Thanks,
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it, plus it sounds like you are having "bloody show". It doesn't necessarily mean anything other than that you are dilated just enough for it to come out. I lost my plug weeks before I went into labor. But seeing as how you are not even 34 weeks yet, I think I'd give the doc a call just to let him know.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Sounds like it, but sounds like your bloody show. Could be nothing but I'd call the doctor just in case.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Called and left a msg!! What do I need to be watching for?!?! I have been having some false labor contractions. This is my first pregnancy to make it past 16wks!! So I am clueless about things and my poor mother is probably getting tired of all the phone calls... plus she is asleep right now.
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Just pay attention to your contractions. If they progress (start getting more regular, intense, and closer together) give your doc a call asap. If you suspect your water has broken or is leaking, that would be another reason to call your doctor asap. Otherwise, just stay well rested, eat well and drink plenty of fluids.

And congrats on your pregnancy! You're almost there, mama!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• thats your plug. Call your doctor and set up an appointment as soon as you can. If your plug came out your doc. needs to make sure everything is still good and the baby isn't pushing to see light. after your plug falls out you can go into labor from about 4 days after to 2 weeks after.
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 10:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• about your water breaking (if it does or your not sure) you will know it's like a flood of warm water coming out. if it's leaking it will be every time you walk, stand, move and it will feel like a constant pee or something. what ever you do DO NOT PANIC the stress if great for the baby but is she is ready to come out it's not as good. Drink lots of water, and if you eat, eat light.
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 10:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Thank you soo much Ladies!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Totally normal to loose your plug in the last trimester and to have that discharge as it renews itself. Do let your doctor know, and do keep an eye on the contractions, but really nothing to worry about.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It does sound like your mucus plug. All these ladies have given you great advice. :) Best of luck!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yes that is your mucus plug. I lost mine except it didnt have any pink it was just green and looked like a hock a loogi! From what I read in the baby books, it means you can go into labor within a few hours or up to 2 weeks. I lost mine 3 days before I went into labor, but everyone is different! Get in touch with your Dr.! When I lost my mucus plug, my Dr. said to just keep watching for contractions. Girl, you will KNOW a contraction when you get one! I was worried if I would know, but you will! It is like intense cramping that comes and goes in waves. It starts mild and within seconds builds up and the comes back down. Good luck!
    MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 2:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2008