For michigan residents

i will be taking a long road trip to the UP. Just wondering if there is anything exciting to see for a 9 and 7 year old on the way. we will be taking i75 all the way up. other than a museum in sault st marie i cant find anything. any suggestions would be appreciated

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 7:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Travel

• http://www.michigan.org/ This is a most awesome web site.!!! I use it all the time. Where are you leaving from and going too?
    We like to stop in Frankenmuth, Flint has crossroads village. Grayling has a cool airplane ( or is it Gaylord? , I always confuse them)
    Taquamanon Falls is pretty cool for kids- Mine liked it at that age. Makinac Island is neat. A dvd player in the car is helpful too. It is not That long of a trip. ( we just got back from Miami- Now THAT was a long trip.)
    I enjoyed stopping at seashell city. Up north, Tony's in Birch Run for an icecream sundae, have fun and enjoy!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Castle Rock is right outside of St. Ignace. I haven't been on castle rock but it's on my to do list. There is the Soo Locks to see.. I think there is a schedule of ships passing through daily. If you wanted to you can go on a Soo Locks Boat Tour. That's fun. Kids enjoy that. If you have passports, you can go across the border. There are malls over there. :) I miss home.. I'm from Soo, Ontario...
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• were leaving from buffalo and going to escanaba. boring ride. got the dvd player. i checked castle rock and it isnt open until may. were also stopping overnight in gaylord i think )i get them confused too) maybe well stop to bronners. kids will like that. oh and i think we may stop to the shipwreck museum. what is seashell city? and where is tony's?
    mykidsmom86

Comment by mykidsmom86 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Seashell City is below the bridge.. before Mackinac City.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011