Has your child(ren) ever taken a school picture, and the picture turn out not looking like them at all?

allen.moriahd

Asked by allen.moriahd at 8:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• my daughter...she has this double chin when she had gotten her pic taken. Go figure.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It looks like them but their poses aren't natural... they look kinda stiff.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My son had individual school pictures done, and they turned out great, but when he had his class picture took, he doesn't look like my child. Like his clothes and all prove it is him, but his face looks so different. I don't know it is a mess up with the picture, or if he was just being silly, but it makes me giggle with I look at it.
    allen.moriahd

Comment by allen.moriahd (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• retake day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't think they are going to have a retake day for the class picture. I'll just hold on to it, since it is just a class picture, and show it to him when he gets older.
    allen.moriahd

Comment by allen.moriahd (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• After looking at his picture for a while, I have come to the conclusion and so have others, that it has been photo shopped. I have compared it to all his other pictures, and it doesn't compare at all. I'm going to give the photography people a call, and find out what happened. I didn't pay good money to get a messed up photo.
    allen.moriahd

Comment by allen.moriahd (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes I hate school pics they are never in focus they are either too dark or too light or blurry and ugly..I would rather get mine taken professionally and I will never spend money on school pics again.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• my 6 yr old's school pictures came out to light and he looks way to pale and white....his cousin works at the place where the school pics were developed( it is a little business that does this and he could have easily improved the quality but he didn't) we didn't want to bother with retakes
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was able to contact the photography company, and they are going to send me the original class picture in the mail, free of charge. They photo shopped the photo because my son had his head turned, so they thought it would make it better by trying to fix it. Well, I told them I would rather have the original photo with his head turned, than this silly ol' photo. :)
    allen.moriahd

Comment by allen.moriahd (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2011