Pampered Chief ONLY wedding registry

My cousin recently eloped with his girlfriend (now wife) and the only registry they have is through pampered chief. I called my Aunt and asked what else I could get them or if they were registered with anyone else.. "No, they want pamper chief only."

Now I am all for getting newly wed some gifts to help them get started but DANG, have you seen the price of that stuff?

My cousins are 19 and 20.

Is it wrong of me for not sending anything if they wont break down and register somewhere else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Shopping

• If they eloped and you weren't present at the "ceremony", why are you expected to get them a gift, and why are they expecting gifts from anyone?? Just because you got married, doesn't entitle you to ask for gifts.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• They should appreciate ANYTHING they get. I would just get them a giftcard for some place else. I hate when people only have high priced items on their registries (wedding, showers, etc) especially when you aren't even that close to them.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Pampered Chef is expensive. Look at their registry, and buy it cheap from some place else.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If it was me I either would not get them anything since they eloped they should not excpect gifts or just do a gift card in an amount that I felt comfortable with. (I like the gift cards form lowes or home depot never know when you are going to need some of that pratical stuff.)
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• well considering they are already married... then I think they removed the formal obligation of anyone HAVING to give them a gift..... and I don't mean to be the mean person here.... but all they'd get from me would be a Pampered Chef magazine! LOL that stuff is expensive

And on the etiquette side.... I think they still removed the obligation when they eloped. AND you are not obligated to purchase anything you cannot afford... I say don't give them anything.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Send them a target gift card. Can't go wrong with that.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I agree a gift card is the way to go if you don't want to pick off the registry. Then they can get other items they will need
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• send them money
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't bother with it. They eloped you don't ask for wedding shower gifts after the marriage that is just rude. If it was a housewarming party hosted by a third party maybe get them a gift card or something but to have a wedding registry like that and demand to get only that is just so rude in my book.
    wowguildmomma

Answer by wowguildmomma at 9:19 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• WHY are they registered if they eloped????  Isnt that a bit tacky.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2011