What is the best small home exercise equipment to use?

I need to lose abour 20 lbs., I am a SAHM and can't afford to go to a gym. I don't have anyone to babysit either, so, whatever I do for exercise I have to be able to do here at home. I have thought about using a mini trampoline with resistance bands or one of the mine-steppers with the resistance bands. We don't have enough space for a treadmill or anything like that. So, what are your recommendations? Either of these any good or do you have any other ideas? Thanks.

Kelly502

Asked by Kelly502 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Resistance bands of different levels are probably your cheapest and most versatile as well as easy to store in a small space. Doing body weight exercises like push ups, lunges, squats, ab work all are completely free. I don't know how many kids you have or if have a way to walk with them but get your cardio if you can by taking walks and if you have an infant carry them for the added weight. Getting the kids involved is a great way to be a good example. Look on youtube for exercise videos or if you have netflix they have lots of instant workout videos. Good luck!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• look into stroller strides.... I know it costs but it may be cheaper than a gym. they offer classes nation wide. www.strollerstrides.com 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You can do a lot with some good DVDs and resistance bands. You can probably find some really cheap on craigslist. If you get a couple DVDs and mix that up with some long walks with your little one(s) it won't get old either.

Answer by missanc at 9:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Push her in the stroller. You should be able to walk at a pretty good pace then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• To answer your questions about how many children I have, I only have one 2 1/2 year old. I have been taking her for walks, but, I can never walk at a good enough pace with her along because she obviously can't walk that fast or for very long. So, I don't know what the solution for that part would be. Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I will give them a try.
    Kelly502

Comment by Kelly502 (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• She won't sit in a stroller for more than a couple minutes. I sure wish she would.
    Kelly502

Comment by Kelly502 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011