What does your child call the baby daddy?

If your child has a baby daddy, what do they call them? Is it "baby daddy" or just "daddy"? Does the title "baby daddy" hold when the child is no longer a baby? For instance, how do you refer to your child's father when the kid is in high school? I'm just wondering what the etiquette is.

Dr.Donna

Asked by Dr.Donna at 9:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i HATE the term "baby daddy"....... but I think you are using it with the low class meaning it exudes.

Are you asking; if you have a child with a man who is NOT in the childs life, what does the child call that man?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It depends who I'm talking to. If I am talking to a friend, I will refer to him as my ''baby daddy'', if I am talking with family or someone random I will refer to him as ''the father of my kids''. Usually the younger generation, people my age I will use the term ''baby daddy'' because that is what they use. Or sometimes I might even say ''sperm donor' lol only kidding...well....kinda =P
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• sperm donors most of them
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• First and foremost - "Baby Daddy" sounds low class and crude. It would be the FATHER OF THE CHILD. Because while every man can FATHER a child, not every man can be a "Daddy".

My 4 children call their father Papa. When in regular conversation, I refer to my husband and the children's father.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My child doesn't have a "Baby Daddy" my child has a FATHER. I can NOT stand the term baby daddy. My son doesn't call his FATHER anything, he has nothing to do with his father. If anything he calls him by his first name or sperm donor. At 14, my son can call him whatever he deems appropriate.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• There is no "etiquette" for "baby daddy" that isn't even proper. The PROPER way would be MY CHILD'S FATHER. Don't teach your kid to say baby daddy, it is uneducated.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I hate when people say "baby daddy"....my girls call their FATHER "daddy" :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:19 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• anonymous - I'm asking, "What do the kids call the man, when mom calls the man "baby daddy"?"
    knicole0708 - What do your child call the baby daddy and how old is your child?
    smilely745 - are you suggesting that the children refer to the men as "sperm donors"?

I don't particularly care for the term either and my kids call their father (my husband), "Dad". I'm just really curious how the term baby daddy translates to the child. Is the term still used when the baby is a teen or adult? I don't personally know anyone with a baby daddy, so I'm completely ignorant of how that works.
    Dr.Donna

Comment by Dr.Donna (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• "Baby Daddy" is such a trashy term. My baby calls him dad.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Well personally I have never heard a child call their dad "Baby Daddy" Usually the term is used by other people not the child.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 18, 2011