Boys and rough-housing

We took our 6 yo DS to his t-ball pics last weekend and they were all lined up getting ready to go and the boy behind my son just starts kicking my son in the leg for no reason. My DS told him to stop twice and the boy kept doing it. I know my son does things too so I wasn't too worried, so after as much as I could take of this little boy kicking my kid and my DS telling him to stop (his parents were there too) I just told my son if he doesn't stop to knock him over. I know that was the completely wrong thing to do, but I was freakin pissed that his parents didn't do anything after I said something to them about it, I got the "boys will be boys crap" and moved my son to a different spot in line, he had to go back for the pics. If it was my son doing it I would have pulled him aside and did what I had to do. What would you do?

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 9:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would have told my son the same thing and when my son pushes the other kid I would have said the exact same thing" boys will be boys"
    I hate that term and the parents who use to get out of being parents
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Their boy will be like that because his parents dont parent.  That did NOT fall under 'boys will be boys'.  IF they had both be participating perhaps... but the boys sounds like a little shit in the making.

You were 100% justified to tell you son to knock him over. If he isnt going to behave then he has to be put in his place.  I have no problem at all with that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would have done and said the same thing. There is a huge difference between rough housing and a boy being an ASS, that kid was being an ass
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would not have told him to knock him over, but I would have removed my child since the other parents were being ignorant. And boys will be boys only if parents are being ignorant.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• the boy... not boys... I was speaking only of the other child not yours.
    Anonymous

• I would have said something directly to the other child and then moved mine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011