Do you ever let your kids play "hookie"?

Granted, i got food poisoning last night & was not about to drive her 25 min in this state. I'm a doing a bit better, but still running to the bathroom frequently.

She just said to me "mom, are you letting me play hookie?" I kind of giggled, because i guess i am. She was only out one day last November. We're having fun though, she is playing video games while I'm laying down behind her & helping her out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• life is fun !!! its ok to have fun with it now and then !!!! to u its a day to her it mite have been the best day :) just hanging with mom !!!! i think back when i was a kids and i have a few days like that with my mom .....and i am 29 and still reminber, so yes now and then be the cool mom make a day out of it and play/lov and smile more with your kids people !!!!!
    love it :)
    dev091281

Answer by dev091281 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• heck yeah........ for a good reason. I think your reason qualifies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yeah I have when a tournament the kids really wanted to take part in was out of state.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If my kids are doing good in school with good grades, then yes I will let them have a day at home.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Mine play hookie ( or half day hookie) when their dad comes home from being gone for extended amounts of time. he travels alot and is gone for months at a stretch.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No, unless they are running a fever, they are going to school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have with my 12th grader, at this point she is already into the college of her choice and what not so why not let her have a day off here and there. It has not been alot though and my other school kid is in kindergarten
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have no reason to. All 3 of my kids (in 5th, 3rd and 2nd grades) are working on perfect attendance this year. They haven't missed a single day. The only time they didn't go to school and weren't sick was because of weather a couple years ago. The windchill was -35F and my kids walked to school. I refused to send them when it was so cold (especially when most of the other schools in the area were closed for those 2 days).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yep. If we drive our children to school and we are so sick we can't hardly get out of bed we don't have a choice. Is it right? NO, Should we have a backup plan? Probably Will it ruin their life NO....
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2011